My Twitter Favorites


Don’t wait. The time will never be just right...

Monday, December 15, 2014

SBI Clerk 2014 - Interview Experience - Gaurav Pareek

Print Friendly and PDF


Here we are sharing you all the Interview Experience of SBI Clerk 2014 of one of the BA ReaderHope you like the post!!!

Name- Gaurav Shyamsunder Pareek
Exam- SBI Clerical Cadre
Category- Person with Disability (Hearing Impaired)
Profession- Asst. Accountant and Admin Clerk
Place and Time- Worli, Mumbai. SBI Zonal Office.12 Noon, Panel II

I arrived there at morning 9.30 am (my reporting time was 10.30 am though) and went right in the hall where there were staffs verifying the documents, orthopedic and visually handicapped people were there getting their documents verified and being called into the Panel room. The administrative office, unlike a branch is huge... with all sort of lighting and people in tie and formals.

Till 11, I had to wait for my chance to get my documents verified, one by one giving all the documents; they took my original character certificates, and all the photocopies, including the experience certificate. (I was afraid my college character certificate wouldn't be accepted as it had Bonafide Certificate written above it, but they accepted it). Documents verification is strict for PWD, you guys need to produce the Disability Certificate in prescribed form only, and they were strict about dates too. Also, in case if one of your character certificate is missing, or you think that you can produce a document or a certificate later, you can write down a Letter of Undertaking and submit it later (I saw this happen to a guy who didn't have a character certificate).

I had to wait again till 12.40 for my chance to the Panel no. 2

~~~

I entered the room, there were 5 people, age 50+ sitting on a sofa, including a lady.

I said Good Afternoon to everyone and they told me to sit.

M1- What's your father's name?
G- Shyamsunder.

M1- He is into Diamond Assortment, what is it about?
G- I don’t know exactly what it is, but it has to do something with purity of a diamond.

M1- How a purity of a diamond or gold is decided?
G- It’s based on Carats.

M1- It says here in your biodata form under hobbies that you dance. What type of dance you can perform?
G- Hip Hop mostly.

M1- Hip Hop? Why not Salsa?
G- We need a partner to perform Salsa.

(All started laughing)

M1- What sort of drama you did in college?
G- On Social Issues like Girls getting married on an early age.

M1- So what was the message of the drama?
G- To increase the minimum age of marriage, which is 18 presently for girls.

M2- What is your strength?
G- I am honest, I am accurate with numbers, I like to work Efficiently, Good Focus, completing the work on deadline.

F1- Do you know Marathi?
G- Yes, if there is a formal letter or a notification, I can understand what's written on it, but I can't speak Marathi.

(Then M1 asks to read the newspaper article, I told them that there is a water shortage since June)

F1- What is your weakness?
G- I can't make a conversation on telephone. I can make a good conversation one to one but sometimes it is difficult to talk many at a time.

M3- You travel from Bhayander to Charni road? (As I am currently working at Charni Road and have a 6 month experience)
G- I have been using local trains to travel since 4 years, its normal for me, it’s one hour travel one way.

M4- Your college is KC College, what does KC stands for?
G- Kishinchand Chellaram

M4- How old is your college?
G- Sorry sir, I don't know.

(M1 asked me to take a chocolate from the bowl, the interview is done.)

 During the interview, I was unable to hear them a couple of times.

~~~


ADVICE TO PWD ASPIRANTS (OR ANY CATEGORY ASPIRANTS) -
Act cool, I was expecting ghosts but there were polite people inside the Panel Room… Keep one thing in mind; they’re not going to eat you. An interview is just a talk with experienced people in the field you want to work and nothing else. Keep smiling throughout the interview, break the ice by saying something funny (not unnecessary funny), they check your confidence and ability to handle the questions in front of experienced people. If you don’t know the answer, QUICKLY say, “SORRY SIR, I DON’T KNOW” - This shows confidence.


MESSAGE-
There are hardly any PWD interview experience on the internet, if you have a PWD friend who is also an aspirant, let him/her know about how a PWD interview is like. They’re going to take it easy on us, as you can see no banking questions were asked, but the questions they ask is not the only factor for your selection, CONFIDENCE MATTERS.

 All the best!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please suggest your valuable comments here....