My Twitter Favorites


Don’t wait. The time will never be just right...

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

SBI Clerk 2014 - Interview Experience - Vikas Kumar

Print Friendly and PDF

Name:-  Vikas Kumar 
Venue:-  SBI Zonal Business Office, Ludhiana
Profession:- B.Tech (ECE)
Date:- 15/12/2014
Time:- 12:00 PM, Panel-1


I reached at the venue around 11:30 AM. They let us in at sharp 12:00 PM but at that time morning shift interview were going on. They finished at around 2:00 PM and then the panel went for their lunch. They came back at 2:35 and then our document verification started. They were very strict in verifying the documents (3-4 Candidates were put on hold as their signatures were not matching, later on they were allowed taking undertaking and verifying their application forms and other documents). My documents got verified at around 4:00 PM and I was 16th in the queue.

Please carry following documents with you:
  • Completely filled Bio-Data form along with 4 copies of it
  • 10th Marksheet & Certificate
  • 12th Marksheet & Certificate
  • Graduation Marksheets & Certificate
  • Caste Certificate if applicable
  • 2 Character Certificates (One by school/college & One by any gazetted officer)
  • One Identity proof (Voter ID, DL, PAN Card or Aadhar Card)
  • Any additional documents if you want to attach (Residence Certificate, Previous Job Experience certificate etc.)


I entered the interview room at around 5:30 PM. There were 5 person in the panel (4M, 1F). I greeted them all. They asked me to sit down. I thanked them after taking my seat. Then one of them asked me which language I would like to prefer. I said Hindi.

M1: Why do you want to join SBI? Give me only 2 reasons.
Me: Answered

M1: Tell me about your native place.
Me: Answered

M2: You have studied physics, so tell me in detail about any one of the physics's law. (Asked in punjabi language as I mentioned Punjabi in my BioData form)
Me: Explained Law of Gravity in Punjabi.

F: What did you do for 2 years after completing your graduation? (There was a gap of 2 years)
Me: Explained

M4: I would like to pass on. (I thing he was observing the posture and movements of the candidate)

M3: Why West Bengal is in news these days?
Me: I had read about this (Sharda Chitfund fraud) but couldn't remember at that time so apologized for the same.

M3: What is the similarity b/s Jharkhand & Jammu-Kashmir?
Me: Answered

M3: What is Angioplasty?
Me: Said sorry as I didn't remember what it was.

M3: Tell me about 'Make In India' campaign and what impact it will have on our country.
Me: Explained

M3: Tell me any of your famous quotation.
Me: Told a quotation about computers as I mentioned computers in my hobby.

At the end they said thank you, you can go now. So I greeted all of them once again and walked out of the interview room. The interview went for about 8-10 minutes.

Although I tried to keep myself calm, I was a bit nervous at the time of Interview as it was my first Interview for any govt. job. I think this will be a negative thing during my whole interview.

Anyways while I was leaving the room, M1 said with a smile on his face, "Well done, Vikas." I thanked him, wished all of them a Good Day and walked out. I am still confused what M1 meant by that? Is that a good thing or is that a regular thing as they already whished me good luck while the interview was over.

My advice to everyone of you who are going to face the interview in coming days is to stay calm, well dressed, confident and genuine about yourself and the answers. Don't try to twist the facts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please suggest your valuable comments here....